CHOOSE THE RIGHT ORTHOTIC
Vasyli Medical orthotics are designed to help treat most common foot pathologies. They are available in various densities, styles and shapes. To help streamline the selection process, we have created a simple to use Product Selector. This selection tool is designed as an initial product guide. Professional customization and fitting is recommended for optimum patient outcomes. See Heat Molding procedures below.
To help find the most appropriate orthotic style for your patient, please make one choice from each of the 4 categories below.
- Always replace a full-length existing insert with the same style.
- The Slimfit works very well in ladies’ fashion or low-profile footwear.
- The heel piece suits hard-to-fit dress footwear.
- The Easyfit suits both narrow (particularly children’s) and also wider-fitting shoes due to the lateral cutaway.
- Remove - where possible, any existing insole from the patients footwear.
- Place the orthotic of choice base up on a heat resistant surface.
- Apply heat in a waving motion into the rear foot over the thermal indicator and STC areas. Heating temperature should approximate 200°F - 90°C.
- When the Thermal Indicator and STC lettering disappears you have reached a molding temperature.
- Place orthotic into footwear and with patient sitting fit the shoe.
Note: patient should be wearing socks for the fitting procedure - fitting is done one shoe at a time.
- Place patient into STJ neutral via the Talo - Navicular technique and support this position while patient stands with weight evenly distributed on both feet.
- IMPORTANT: Maintain the STJ neutral position throughout weight bearing by tightly holding the tibia before and during standing.
- Cup the heel, mold along the medial arch profile and push down into the forefoot.
- Have the patient sit, remove the shoe, take out the orthotic and allow to cool. Repeat process for the opposite foot.